“Who am I?” is a question we all ask at some time in our lives. It is an especially critical question for adolescents. As we search for answers we begin to define ourselves.
- How is our identity formed?
- To what extent are we defined by our talents and interests?
- by our membership in a particular ethnic group?
- by our social and economic class?
- by our religion by the nation in which we live?
- How do we label ourselves and how are we labeled by others?
- How are our identities influenced by how we think others see us?
- How do our identities inform our values, ideas, and actions?
- In what ways might we assume different identities in different contexts?
“We become what we think about”