Working professionals provide educational and career awareness training for youth to increase work ethics and employment retention by providing presentations & mock interviews.
Mock Interviewing is valuable for youth with disabilities. By participating in Mock Interviews, youth will
- Gain the confidence to enter a business and ask for the employer,
- Learn the importance of dressing appropriately;
- Receive valuable feedback from employers on how to improve their interviewing skills along with compliments on their interviewing strengths.
They also have the opportunity to network with businesses and learn about possible jobs
Mentoring Day is a job shadowing program where youth with disabilities are able to observe an employee performing their daily work routine. This allows for increased individual awareness within a career exploration environment. Participating youth will
- See what the work environment looks like
- Have an opportunity to observe someone at their job
- Perform some “hands-on” work tasks (if appropriate & approved)
- Ask questions to determine if this is something they want to consider as a career.
NEW! - Career Aptitude
Our Career Aptitude workshops help at-risk youth and those with disabilities learn more about their interests, values, skills, motivations, and preferences. The results are a good starting point to learn which types of fields & careers fit their personalities. Participating youth will
- Better understand their interests
- Be able to identify careers that match their goals & talents
- Become aware of many types of careers, perhaps even one they haven’t considered before
- Receive reassurance that they are on the right career path
- Identify their strengths & weaknesses
And one other benefit that goes beyond career planning. As it turns out, the aptitude assessments also help high school students become better students. Now that’s a win-win!
Job Applications & Soft Skills
These workshops help youth develop job applications and hone their soft skills.
Soft skills are a mix of social and interpersonal skills, character traits & professional attitudes that all jobs require. These skills impact how we work both alone and with others. We’ll cover soft skills like
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Stress Management & Patience
- And more!
Previous Workshop Topics have included:
- “The Do’s & Don’ts of Interviewing“
- “Taking The High Road“: How underage drinking, felonies, sexting, and drugs use can affect the rest of your life.
- Employer Panel: With questions like
- What do you look for in an employee?
- What are your employee pet peeves?
- Why are employees with a secondary education important to employers?
Interested In Participating?
(Either as a youth or a business)
Or Email Us