Education & Career Awareness Workshops
Working professionals provide educational and career awareness training for youth to increase work ethics and employment retention by providing presentations & mock interviews.
Kickstart Job Training
Our Kickstart Series is a Youth Job Training Program that features 6 classes on topics such as:
- Rich or Happy
- What you want to know about Banking
- The Value of Communication
- Soft Skills
- And more – topics vary slightly with each program cycle.
Mock Interviewing is valuable for youth with disabilities. By participating in Mock Interviews, youth
- gain the confidence to enter a business and ask for the employer,
- learn the importance of dressing appropriately;
- receive valuable feedback from employers on how to improve their interviewing skills along with compliments on their interviewing strengths.
They also have the opportunity to network with businesses and learn about possible jobs
Previous Workshop Topics have included:
- “The Do’s & Don’ts of Interviewing“
- “Taking The High Road“: How underage drinking, felonies, sexting, and drugs use can affect the rest of your life.
- Employer Panel: With questions like
- What do you look for in an employee?
- What are your employee pet peeves?
- Why are employees with a secondary education important to employers?