One-To-One Mentoring Youth are matched with a long-term mentor to provide guidance and direction to assist them in preparing for graduation and the future. Mentors work with youth in one or more of the four areas: Life Skills, Employment Readiness Skills, Community Involvement, and Healthy Relationships. Annually we host an Awards Picnic to celebrate the accomplishments of both mentors and mentees.
Mentors and mentees meet at least 4 hours per month and have weekly contact. This program is free of charge to participants. The NextGen Mentoring staff provides personal, ongoing support to participants resources) to help each match thrive and succeed.
Join One-To-One Mentoring (Youth):
- Be 10-21 years of age
- Must live in Uinta County
- Have a disability or be at-risk
- Complete a youth application and interview
- Contact mentor on a weekly basis
Become A Mentor:
- Be 21 years old or older
- Submit to a background check
- Commit to 4 – 6 hours per month
- Have weekly contact with youth
- Complete Mentor Training