One-To-One Mentoring is a long-term mentoring program where adults and youth are matched for at least one year. They have weekly contact and engage in 4-6 hours of positive activities a month.
Mentors assist mentees in goal setting and encourage them to become their best selves. Mentors provide a positive influence and mentees gain a better outlook on life. Mentors gain an elevated outlook on life and have an opportunity to give back.
The One-To-One Mentoring program is free of charge to participants. The NextGen Mentoring staff provides personal, on-going support to participants (including resources) to help each match thrive and succeed.
Join One-To-One Mentoring (Youth):
- Be 10-17 years of age
- Must live in Uinta County
- Have a disability or be at-risk
- Complete a youth application and interview
- Commit to a mentor for one year
- Meet mentor in person for at least 4 to 6 hours a month
- Contact mentor on a weekly basis
Become A Mentor:
- Be 21 years old or older
- Submit to a background check
- Commit to 4 – 6 hours per month
- have weekly contact with youth
- Commit to one full year as a Mentor
- Complete Mentor Training