One-On-One Mentoring is a long-term mentoring program where adults and youth are matched for at least one year. They have weekly contact and engage in 4-6 hours of positive activities a month.
Mentors assist mentees in goal setting and encourage them to become their best self. Mentors provide a positive influence and mentees gain a better outlook on life. Mentos gain an elevated outlook on life and have an opportunity to give back.
The program is free of charge to participants. The NextGen Mentoring staff provides personal, on-going support to participants (including resources) to help each match thrive and succeed.
Join The Program (Youth):
- Be 11-17 years of age
- Must live in Uinta County
- Have a disability or be at-risk
- Complete a youth application and interview
- Commit to a mentor for one year
- Meet mentor in person for at least 4 to 6 hours a month
- Contact mentor on a weekly basis
Become A Mentor:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Submit to a background check
- Commit to 4 – 6 hours per month
- have weekly contact with youth
- Commit to one full year as a Mentor
- Complete Mentor Training