Why Does Mentoring Help?
Quality mentoring programs are proven to build relationships that help improve school attendance and academic achievement, promote responsible decision-making, and provide relationship skills – at school, socially, and at home.
Which Program Works Best For You?
A report by MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership found that young adults who were at risk for not completing high school but who had a mentor were:
- 55% more likely to be enrolled in college than those who did not have a mentor.
- 81% more likely to report participating regularly in sports or extracurricular activities.
- More than twice as likely to say they held a leadership position in a club or sports team.
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly in their communities.
Join The Program (Youth):
- Be 10-21 years of age
- Must live in Uinta County
- Have a disability or be at-risk
- Complete a youth application and interview
- Contact mentor on a weekly basis
Become A Mentor:
- Be 21 years old or older
- Submit to a background check
- Have weekly contact with youth
- Complete Mentor Training