Looking back at your journey, think about the people who helped shape your growth. Chances are, you’re thinking about your mentors – the individuals who helped you pursue and achieve your goals through support, counsel, and encouragement.
Mentoring, at its core, guarantees young people that there is someone who cares about them, assures them they are not alone in dealing with day-to-day challenges, and makes them feel like they matter. Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations.
Ultimately, mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and social and economic opportunity. Yet one in three young people will grow up without this critical asset.
Here are some stats of how mentoring helps young people
- 81% more likely to participate in sports or other activities
- Two times more likely to hold a leadership position
- 78% more like to volunteer regularly in their community
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 46% less likely to start using drugs
- 27% less likely to start drink
Follow us on Facebook @Nextgenmentoring https://www.facebook.com/Nextgenmentoring/
Become a mentor today by calling Bethany Shidler at (307)679-3609 or for the Bridger Valley Cassie Branham at (307)780-5337 or clicking the link below.